Sunday, April 26, 2009

...pretty green

I've decided to try and go "green" as much as possible... not for the sake of some government agenda but because I feel as though a responsible use of our resources is in order. I found these adorable bags online... that can be used for groceries, or just running around, I think I'll order a few.This bag and similar ones can be found at prettygreenbag.com

I am also trying out some new "Eco-friendly" cleaning supplies which are not only better for the environment but for our health..
Cleaning supplies like these can be found at mamagoesgreen.com

My last decision is to kick the "water bottle" habit I have... it can be likened to that of a baby with a binkie.. I just don't want to let go. I refuse to drink out of the tap... but I am realizing that my 100+ plastic water bottles per month are a little too wasteful in comparison to using a Stainless Steel or Plastic Reusable. So I thought I would try this one... or something similar.. has anyone tried one of these?
These and similar ones can be found at mamagoesgreen.com and rei.com


If anyone has any suggestions on other ways to go green that won't throw me over the edge I am more than happy to entertain ideas! I'll keep you posted on my "green" status.. .I'm trying a few things at a time in hopes for better success...

M

2 comments:

T. Driaza said...

Hurray! I'm glad I'm not the only one trying "green" out! I've been focusing a lot on RRR lately too! I haven't used that water bottle in your post, but Pablo has a bad habit of not drinking facet water. We went to Cosco & got a PUR filter that hooks to your facet. It taste so good & not that expensive! We haven't really bought H20 bottles since!

Rach said...

YAY!! Check out my blog for a really cool eco-friendly festival coming up in Salt Lake...we should go together if you want, I think you'd love it!